Event: 54th The Statesman Vintage and Classic Car Rally
Date: 23rd February 2020
Venue: Delhi and Gurugram
The Statesman Vintage & Classic Car Rally is an annual vintage car rally in New Delhi and Kolkata and the oldest, continuously-run such event in India and the sub-continent. It started in the year 1964 in New Delhi, and was brought to Kolkata in the year 1968 as The Statesman Vintage Car Rally.
The Event is organised by The Statesman Group from past 53 years. The Brand in itself carries a persona of ‘Vintage and Class’ along with it. Founded in 1875, The Statesman is an Indian English-language broadsheet daily newspaper and published simultaneously in Kolkata, New Delhi, Siliguri and Bhubaneswar. It incorporates and is directly descended from The Friend of India, founded in 1818.
Flow of the Event
● The Purpose of the Event
● The Target Audience, Guests and Participants
● The Structure and Content of the Event
● The Venues
● Award Distribution
● The Participant Vehicles, Year, Make and Model
The Purpose of the Event
1. To offer engagement and a dedicated platform for vintage and classic car enthusiasts.
2. To Entertain and create a moment of nostalgia for the section of society trying to seize class
and royalty of the past golden years.
3. To showcase the best surviving ‘Antique Beauties’ – Vintage Cars and Bikes from around the
world for the interested audience and general awareness.
4. To create an Opportunity for owners of the Vintage Cars, to put on the show their passion and
love for vintage.
5. To create an event for the love of the experience, style, exclusivity and craftsmanship, all of
which are universal and timeless .
The Target Audience, Guests and Participants
1. Audience – Lovers of Automobiles, Car Enthusiasts, Vintage Lovers, Class Seekers, lovers of
engineering, craftsmanship, design, art and history.
2. Guests – Industry Experts, International connoisseurs, Delegates, Business Owners,
Participating Brand Representatives,, Families and Friends of the participants’ cars.
3. Participants- Owners of Vintage Cars, Classic Car, Vintage Bike, 50 Plus, Post Wars and others.
The Structure and Content of the Event
Duration: The event runs for three consecutive days.
Dates: 21-23rd h February, 2020
Day 1 and Day 2 | 21 and 22nd February 2020
Pre- Judgement at Modern School Barakhamba Road, Delhi
The Participants’ of the Vintage and Classic Cars bring their cars for judgement of their originality of
parts, engine and performance. Also,the cars get all prepared to participate in the Rally.
Day 3 | 23rd February 2020
● Flag Off at The Statesman House
● Rally Stops and Showcase at Cyber Hub Gurugram
● Prize Distribution at National Stadium
The Event takes place at four significant venues in Delhi and NCR .
● The Statesman House, Connaught Place
● National Stadium India Gate Circle
● Cyber Hub Gurugram
● Modern School Barakhamba Road
The venues get prepared for the event to create an ambiance of the vintage era and class. Every venue offers basic facilities for the audience and participants like water, snacks and tea/coffee.
The Award gets distributed under four categories, Vintage, Classic, 50 Plus and Post Wars. The winner among the participants’ of the rally gets rewarded at the Prize Distribution Ceremony.